Most of you probably don’t know that I’m in the middle of a transition between two positions inside the search marketing agency I work for, this transition includes having to manage a team of linkbuilders spread around the world. So when I was offered the chance to review a course from High Speed Training, I didn’t think twice before choosing their Leadership and Management Course.
The site offers a wide range of courses designed for both individual learners and large organisations, covering different topics from health and safety to event management training. They are perfect for someone like me who has limited time, because you can spread out the entire course over several sessions any time of day or night.
What can you expect from High Speed Training’s Leadership and Management Course?
This online course will provide you with the information you need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills, the benefits of teamwork and positive listening, and the importance of effective planning and time management.
The course is split into 8 modules, with an assessment of 15 questions at the end, and takes about 2 hours to complete. It is separated into:
1. Introduction to Leadership and Management
Covering topics such as history, levels of leadership and the attributes of a successful leader.
2. Team Leadership
Introducing the types of teams you can find inside an organisation, along with the benefits of team working and the characteristics of effective teams.
3. Inspiring and Motivating the Team
The topics covered in this section are communication, positive dissatisfaction, the importance of recognition and managing expectations.
4. Emotional Intelligence
Very interesting module which discusses different emotional intelligence theories and their application to the workplace.
5. Listening and Body Language
Which highlights the positive impact of active listening skills and provides clear examples of negative VS positive body language.
6. Time Management
Reasons for poor time management, how to manage time effectively, meeting deadlines and self-assessment.
What to do before/during/after a meeting.
8. Coaching Skills
The attributes of a good coach, how to criticise and deal with mistakes positively and how to monitor staff progress.
Who should take this Leadership and Management Course?
The course offers suitable training for:
- Employees who need to improve their time management skills, work as part of a team and increase their ability to communicate effectively.
- Team leaders who haven’t attended a training on leadership and management, and could use some help recognising good work and defining expectations.
- Operational leaders who need to manage time effectively, delegate skills and organise meetings.
- Strategic leaders who need to improve their ability to communicate people their worth and potential, and to deal with mistakes.
High Speed Training is worth the investment! The design is clear and easy to navigate; the content provides a comprehensive overview of leadership, team building, and communication.