About the Liebster Award
Liebster is a German word that means ‘dearest’ (and sweetheart, and darling), and the Liebster Award’s origins are pretty much a mystery. We know that it’s awarded to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and that bloggers nominate other bloggers.
Basically, the Liebster Award offers a way to strenghten the relationship with other bloggers while helping spread the word about new blogs. But here’s the catch: you can’t just accept the award, you must play by the rules and pay it forward. Only after you’ve completed the tasks and nominated other bloggers, you are free to stick the award on your blog for all to see.
Below you’ll find the rules:
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you.
- Create 11 questions to ask the 11 people you nominate.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and let them know they’ve been nominated.
11 random facts about me
I instantly wake up as soon as the sun rises. I remember things that happened when I was 3 years old as if it were yesterday. I got married to a guy that I met on Facebook. I’m VERY cautious when on the street, one could say that I’m the perfect pedestrian. I’m a huge MMA fan. I feel sad everytime that I find spam on Reddit. I love whales since I was a little girl. I’ve had more dogs than human friends. I have a little brother who looks just like me. I have a collection of X-ray images (a.k.a. radiographies) that I’ve found on the streets of Buenos Aires. I used to think I was a good cook until my husband decided to get in touch with his Italian roots. Living in Italy has destroyed my palate, every dish I’ve eaten since I left wasn’t good enough.
My answers to Claire’s questions
2. What’s the one city you’ve always wanted to visit?
3. What are you’re top 3 albums of all time?
This is a tough one! I would say ‘A night at the opera’ by Queen, ‘Cross’ by Justice and ‘First band on the moon’ by The Cardigans.
4. Why did you start blogging?
Because I had things to say.
5. Star Trek or Star Wars?
6. What’s your favourite blog at the moment?
7. What’s your favourite recipe?
8. If you could learn a new skill what would it be?
9. If you could invent anything you want, what would it be?
10. Favourite TV show of all time?
My list of nominees
11 questions for the nominees
- What was the highlight of your week?
- Which musical instrument do you feel speaks to your heart best?
- What was the most interesting or bizarre movie trivia that you came across?
- Which book do you keep recommending over and over and over again?
- Why do you live where you live?
- If you could jump back in time to re-live one day, which day would that be?
- Which three bands/artists have blown your mind with their live performances?
- It’s time to fix the world, where would you start and how?
- Are you anything like the person you thought you would be when you stepped out of high school?
- How do you feel about the internet?
- Choose your own adventure: What question did I miss?
Vielen Dank to Claire for nominating me, it was a fun ride!